Friday, September 25, 2009

Children's activity this October

For public librarians who wanted to initiate program this October, I would recommend a reading activity for Children. 

 Raul S. Roco Library’s Be A Reader: rediscovering Raul S. Roco at the library has two activities related to this program - Byaheng Bukmubil and Children’s Bookfest

It brings the storytelling sessions and academic contest to public elementary schools through the Bookmobile while the culminating program was held at the City Library. These activities have generated support from Jollibee, local officials and businessmen performing as readers and the Department Education. In fact, last year, Jollibee Naga’s Why Read Campaign, a project partnered and counter part of the City Library’s Be A Reader, has been awarded for its marketing program in the National Level last February 2008. 

Considering the impact of reading among children, I strongly believed that it is essential to design an area for children in every public library. 

REMEMBER, IF YOU ORGANIZED A CHILDRENS LIBRARY, YOU WILL BE VISITED BY A CHILDREN ACCOMPANIED BY THEIR PARENTS. YOU ACTUALLY ATTRACT MORE READERS TO VISIT AND USE THE LIBRARY.

1 comment:

ylre said...

"Considering the impact of reading among children, I strongly believed that it is essential to design an area for children in every public library."...

"I don’t know if other public libraries have the same program like this, but, how I wish this could be adopted and hopefully"

I do agree with you. I am glad to share that Puerto Princesa City Library has one. Nothing very fancy but well-stocked with books. However, I have this impression that not a lot of kids know, or take the chance to visit the place. I'll shoot some photos of the place one of these days.