Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2007 Outstanding Professional Librarian

I would like to congratulate Ms. Lourdes T. David for being chosen as the Outstanding Professional Librarian of the Year (2007) given by the Professional Regulations Commission last June 20, 2008.

Ms David is presently the Director of the Rizal Library in Ateneo De Manila University. Four years ago, I visited Rizal Library along with my staff, in preparation for library transfer. It was a worthwhile because she gave me advice and materials needed to facilitate the systematic transfer of materials and how to organize those stuff in a new building.

She has become an effective catalyst in the promotion of library, librarianship and library service. Librarians like her are pillars of strength for us, and like me, Public Librarians in Bicol are very grateful for her support and assistance to the cause of library service in the community.


(Photo downloaded from filipinolibrarian.blogspot.com)

No comments: